Buglife B-Lines Officer, Rachel Richards, will be giving a talk “Supporting B-Lines in Worcestershire & Shropshire”. Other talks on the day include:
- SmartRivers Monitoring in the Severn Catchment – using citizen scientists to monitor water quality. Alice Deans and Dewi Roberts, Severn Rivers Trust.
- Identification – why bother? 40 years of the AIDGAP field guide project. Dr Rebecca Farley-Brown, Field Studies Council.
- My Journey from Nosy Naturalist to Biological Recorder. Jean Young, Worcestershire Recorders.
- The conservation of the endangered white-clawed crayfish. Caroline Savage, Environment Agency and Keith Falconer, Malvern Hills Crayfish Group.
- West Midlands Worms – What we’ve learned and what’s next. Keiron Derek Brown, Earthworm Society of Britain.
- Biodiversity Training with the Field Studies Council – plans afoot for 2023 including invertebrate training opportunities.
- Take Ten to Protect Pollinators – Flower Insect Timed Counts and the Pollinator Monitoring Scheme. Richard Dawson.
- Harvestmen of the West Midlands. Meg Skinner, Harvestman Recording Scheme.
Come along and learn about how your wildlife observations are making a difference to our understanding of nature.
This 1-day event will bring together biological recorders from across Worcestershire to hear about some of the exciting invertebrate projects and initiatives being undertaken in the area through a series of presentations. We will also be joined by speakers from some UK-wide invertebrate recording schemes, such as the Harvestman Recording Scheme.
This is the perfect event for meeting like-minded people and stocking up on entomology supplies and identification books! With the BioLinks project coming to a close at the end of this year, we want to ensure that you, our fantastic volunteers and supporters, know how to continue your entomology and biological recording journey. With a fantastic lineup of speakers and stands, learn what the next steps for you might be.
This event is being brought to you by the FSC BioLinks project, and will be held on Saturday 19th November 2022 from 10am until 4.30pm. It will be held at FSC Bishops Wood, near Stourport-on-Severn.