The Freshwater Biological Association (FBA) will be hosting The Symposium for European Freshwater Sciences (SEFS13) from 18th – 23rd June 2023 in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Bringing together the European freshwater community for a conference that fosters long-term, international collaboration and partnerships. Aiming to deliver a comprehensive traditional program of parallel and poster sessions as well as exciting opportunities to experience the best of what England has to offer from its rich and diverse habitats and exciting culture during our conference excursions.
Six world renowned Freshwater Plenary Speakers will each provide further insight and thought provoking assessments and ideas, including:
- David Hamilton ~ Interdisciplinary assessment of investments in freshwater monitoring and restoration;
- Martin Kainz ~ Discerning dietary organic matter sources and their ecophysiological fate in aquatic and terrestrial food webs;
- Núria Catalán ~ Organic matter processing across inland waters, a gender-biased talk;
- Cayelan Carey ~ Advancing our understanding and management of freshwaters with near-term forecasting;
- Dave Tickner ~ Have we bent the curve yet? Or, how a sane approach to freshwater science can help restore global biodiversity;
- James Orr ~ Interactions between anthropogenic stressors in freshwater ecosystems.
Followed by an exciting programme of speakers, workshops, excursions and more – including “Connecting communities through citizen science” from Buglife Conservation Officer, Rebecca Lewis on Monday 19 June: 14:45 – 15:00