Provisional Programme (timings approximate)
- 10:00 Museum opens doors. Please wait in the museum foyer, where you will be met and directed to the meeting room.
- 10:30 Session opens – Welcome to Liverpool and ColSoc Beulah Garner
- 10:45 Coleoptera highlights from the Tanyptera Project Gary Hedges
- 11:15 Barcode of Life project TBC
- 11:45 The Staphylinidae recording scheme Don Stenhouse
- 12:15 Ladybird Parasites Robin Hutchinson
- 12:45 Beetles for beginners Martin Waller
- 13:05 Lunch. Delegates can either eat a packed lunch in the library or visit the Museum Café.
- 14:00 Collections access. Microscopes and Library facilities will be available.
- 17:00 Meeting (and Museum) closes.
The Museum is 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street Station, which is the most convenient means of access.
People visiting by car can aim for the Lime Street Station Car Park, Lord Nelson Street, Liverpool, L35QB, although this is busy and spaces cannot be guaranteed. The next nearest car parks are the St John’s Arcade, L1 1NQ and the Queen Square Q-Park, L1 1RH. Do not confuse the latter with the Liverpool One Q-Park which is 15 minutes walk away from the museum.
Further access details can be found on the museum’s website
There is a good selection of hotels within walking distance of the Museum, which can be found on the usual travel or booking sites. Travelodge Liverpool Central (L1 6ER) is well placed and inexpensive.
For further information contact: [email protected]