Join Buglife Scotland and Scotia Seeds for an Introduction to Pollinators. Learn how to carry out a Flower Insect Timed (FIT) Count & how to create wildflower habitat at home, taking inspiration from the beautiful grounds at Mavis Bank.
The day will include:
- Introductions- About Scotia Seeds, and Introducing Buglife Scotland’s Strathmore B-Lines Project
- Classroom Session– Introducing the different groups of pollinating insects and FIT Counts
- Break- (Tea/Coffee provided)
- Field identification session carrying out FIT Counts.
- Lunch (Please bring a packed lunch)
- Guided walk around Mavis Bank, taking inspiration for creating pollinator habitat at home.
Spaces are limited and booking is essential