Buglife Members Day and Open Day 2010
We are very pleased to invite you to Buglife's annual Member’s Day on Saturday 17 April, from 10:45am to 3pm at The Engine Group, 60 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7RT.
Talks, workshops and exhibitions will be available all day and you can drop in when it suits you and stay for as long as you like, although you are of course invited to come for the whole day!
There will be a series of exciting talks including:
- 'Life without chocolate, strawberries and coffee – a world without bugs'
- 'Little nippers – Meet the freshwater crabs of Sri Lanka'
- 'Dead wood is good wood for the Golden hoverfly'
- 'Up on the Downs - chalk grassland butterflies and their conservation'
|Dingy skipper (Erynnis tages) © Greg Hitchcock|
There will be a series of interesting workshops including:
- 'Stags, bombardiers and tigers!' - An introduction to beetles
- 'Spot the difference' – An introduction to Ladybirds
- 'Bugs on the beach' - An introduction to rockpool and seashore invertebrates
|Green tiger beetle (Cicindela campestris) © Greg Hitchcock|
We will have live bugs, interesting displays, and activities for children. The Buglife team will be there to talk to you about our conservation work, wildlife gardening and how you can get involved.
Buglife Member's Day is free to all our members and their companions. Non-members are welcome but will be charged £5 for adults and £2.50 for children upon entry - this includes a light buffet lunch.
Click here to download a copy of the programme for the day.
If you would like to attend please fill out the form below. To find out more click here.