22nd August 2011
Buglife are delighted to announce the winners of the Birdfair Bird and Bug Quiz.
- Adam Webb has won the Hawke sport optics – Frontier® PC compact 8x25
- Keith Lugg has won the Minox – MINOX Macroscope MS 8x25
- Jacky Kinsey has won Opticron Gallery Scope Roof Prism
8x20 Macro Focus
Buglife would like to thank Opticron, Hawke Sport Optics, Lowepro, Minox, Marchwood UK and Wildlife Watching Supplies for donating such fantastic prizes for our quiz and membership prize draw.
Thank you to everybody who took part in the quiz. For those of you desperate to know the answers to the Bird and Bug Quiz please see below.
1) What is the common name for this fly? - Cranefly or daddy longlegs
2) What is the name of this bird? - Yellow wagtail
3) How many eggs does an Albatross lay in one year? 1
4) How many pairs of eyes do most spiders have? 4 pairs
5) Up to how many inches can a flea jump vertically? 7 inches
6) What do red kite young do, when their mother has signalled danger? Play dead
7) What do you commonly get from this tree? Acorn
8) What is the name of this bird (name and sex required)? Female Siskin
9) What is the name of this ladybird? Harlequin ladybird
10) What bird family do Eagles belong to? Accipitridae